Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thirsty Thursday

In a previous post I spoke about watching our liquid calorie intake – those calories that add up from calorie-laden drinks like those ever-popular lattes at our favorite coffee haunts! Well, in honor of Thirsty Thursday, let me share with you a particularly deeeelishious and low-cal, almost fat-free spicy pumpkin latte recipe that I just discovered on a great new site called Skinny Taste!

Not only does this website offer all kinds of great recipes with beautiful step-by-step photographs, they are featuring (put your seatbelts on, fellow pumpkin-obsessed wild women), “SKINNY PUMPKIN MADNESS”!!!! Whew -- I’m all verklempt! Okay, I’m back now… From pumpkin lattes, to pumpkin butter, to what I perceive as to die for pumpkin cupcakes with pumpkin spiced cream cheese frosting (at only 121.1 calories each with 2.8 grams of fat), I am doing the happy dance in my own little heavenly pumpkin patch brain!!!

Be sure to visit Gina’s recipes at www.skinnytaste.com, and comment here if you try any of her recipes. I can guarantee you I’ll be baking those cupcakes this weekend – for quality control purposes only, of course. The sacrifices I make for my readers….

Passionate pumpkin blessings to all!

(all recipes and photographs from Skinny Taste website)

************************************************************

Skinny Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Gina's Skinny Recipes
Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1 latte • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 115.6 • Fat: 0.4 g • Protein: 6.6 g • Carb: 20.8 g • Fiber: 0.7 g

1 1/2 cups fat free milk
2 tbsp pumpkin butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp sugar or sugar substitute (to taste)
1/4 cup of espresso (or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee works)
fat free whipped topping
pumpkin pie spice for topping

In a small pan combine milk, pumpkin butter and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until boiling. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth (or whisk well with a wire whisk)

Pour into two mugs, add the hot espresso and top with fat free whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice on top

No comments:

Post a Comment