Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mindful Monday

Happy Monday, all!  It was just beautiful weather here in NJ over the weekend.  I just love watching all the spring flowers stretching and reaching for the sun, opening their blooms to the warmth.  Mondays are a great time to revisit your goals and take a step closer to your achievement of them. 

One thing I am trying to learn how to do more effectively is to eat slower.  I tend to “wolf my food down” (as my Grandma used to say) – not exactly mindful eating patterns!  Before I know it, I’ve eaten too fast, too much and enjoyed it too little.  Since it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to register “I’m full” to your brain, it is especially helpful to eat more slowly, plus it gives your body a little more time to digest what you’re eating!

So… as I work on my long-term goal of optimal health for my lifetime, I will begin practicing more mindful eating, taking smaller bites, chewing a little bit longer, putting down my utensils between bites, and savoring each mouthful.  

This will also work towards my goal of being more aware and thankful for all the blessings in my day.  Food – something that is so easily taken for granted, is truly a blessing!

Exercise your goal-seeking muscles today and start the week off well!

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment