Thursday, January 2, 2014

Wild Woman Wednesday

Welcome to 2014 and our very first posting for the year – and how appropriate is it that it should fall on Wild Woman Wednesday?????  Love it!

I L-O-V-E the first few days of January, because it gives me a chance to start with a fresh, clean slate with my goals, ambitions, planning, organizing, and dreams.  My downfall is that I want to all of it within those few days – from losing those Christmas Cookie Five (pounds) to cleaning/organizing every nook and cranny of the home including the basement and closets, to running that marathon, etc.  You get the picture. 

Some things I’m doing this year to save time (and money) is to commit to reading the books I have that haven’t yet been read and not allowing myself to purchase even ONE book (outside school textbooks and reading for my career) until they are all done.  Sorry, Amazon, your stock may plummet!  Nonetheless, I’ve picked my top 12 and between hard copies and Kindle, that is IT!

Last year I took a recommendation and chose one word/theme instead of a bunch of resolutions upon which to focus during the year.  It worked for me, so I am doing that again this year, and I’d like to recommend that for you as well.  What one thing would you like to achieve/focus on in 2014?  Maybe it’s something like empowerment, or clarity, or organization.  Perhaps it’s devotion, or loving, or education.  Quietly take a few minutes to think and pray about it, and I’d love to hear what you come up with.  Last year my friend chose “Simplicity”, which was one I liked a lot!

I’d also like to recommend that you focus on planning for 2014.  When we take baby steps to plan for certain goals, whether it’s a pound a week towards weight loss, marking your calendar with a gym appointment for a workout 3-4 times a week, to setting aside an extra hour on Sundays to prep your food/menu for the week (and this is just in the category of health and wellness), planning is crucial to success – in every area of life. 

So Wild Woman, what does 2014 hold for you?  What great adventures will you go on?  What goals will you achieve?  What difficulties will you tackle and conquer?  It’s a fresh, clean slate – go for it!!!

Blessings,



… and what better time than NOW to START LIFE COACHING to OPTOMIZE YOUR YEAR AND LIFE! Let's get started - call me at 609-331-9833 and GET STARTED ON YOUR JOURNEY TO YOUR BEST YEAR EVER!  

No comments:

Post a Comment