Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday

Today we will be looking at organizing yourself from a spiritual perspective.  All too often I feel like a bomb has gone off inside me and all the parts of my life are scattered and in complete disarray.  Instead of peace, it's just pieces.  Instead of calm, I find chaos.  Humpty Dumpty syndrome rules and I don't think anyone can put me back together again.  

For me, the best way to feel "put together" and peaceful is by spending a daily time in prayer and Bible study - a time just for me and God.  Marilyn Mehberg calls this time "Jesus, Tea and Me".  I try to spend the first moments of my day in the quietness and peace of the morning before I jump onto the hamster wheel of my life.  It centers me, gives me direction, balance and my marching orders.  Life is always better when I start it off with God.  Not always easier, but always better. Yes, I am most centered and myself when I take time to "be still and know that He is God."

Let me share with you today a video from Quiet Time Ministries founder, Catherine Martin.  She teaches about what it is, and some of the tools and methods that are helpful.  Here's the link:  http://quiettimelive.tv/76/what-is-a-quiettime/

My prayer is that you will consider beginning this spiritual "discipline", if you will, of giving God the first moments of your day.  It's the best foundation for a life worth living.

Blessings,

Coach Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment