Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Wild Woman Wednesday

Today in the Pilates Reformer studio
Wild women get it done... maybe not today, or tomorrow... but they persevere and quitting is NOT an option.

In yesterday's blog post I wrote about losing weight. In my late 20's and into my early 30's I had an eating disorder.  Then I went in the other direction and gained over 50 pounds. Yep, either direction food was my drug of choice, I guess.  I chose to remain unhealthy and obese throughout my 40's. I whined about not being able to lose weight and I threw many, many pity parties for myself. 

But the bottom line was, I wasn't ready to commit to doing what it took to change. It was the decade of my "Frumpy Forties".


Seven years ago...
Then at exactly 49-1/2, I got fed up... with my unhealthy life/body. I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I got sick and tired of hearing myself make those same, lame excuses and compromises and didn't want another decade like the one I'd just lived through so I chose to change. I chose ME. I chose the goal of doing my best to be "fabulous at 50, sensational at 60, sexy at 70 and on!!! I went to my doctor, joined a gym and chose a new lifestyle of exercise and healthy eating choices. Seven years later I'm still working that plan in every area of my life and I am an ongoing work in progress. I'm now a certified life coach, personal trainer, and Pilates/Pilates Reformer instructor.  With God's grace and help I'll continue to keep striving towards these goals and dreams He's planted in my heart and soul as long as I have breathe to say YES!!!

Believe me, I fall on my face regularly and I'm about the least perfect person you'll ever meet.  I struggle and fail and then succeed and celebrate along the journey.  I'm just trying to do my best like all of us... 

Since then my passion has been to help other women just like me discover their goals/dreams in life and help them design the path they need to reach those goals. It's not something that happens overnight... It takes hard work. It takes daily commitment, even on those days when your comfort food of choice is calling your name in the best sensual and sexy Barry White voice!! It's one step in front of the other.. along with the occasional two steps back. But you get up and keep going. Because the end you have in mind is a LOT healthier than the one you're sitting on now!

C'mon now -- let's be real here. Whatever your goal be it physical, spiritual, financial, relational, educational. What-E-V-A-H it is, wild woman, isn't it time to begin it?!?!?

If I could change, trust me, anyone can do it. I have been there, done that and baby, I burned that tee-shirt and did a celebration dance around the bonfire. You can, too. Choose you today. Choose to start fresh right NOW, to take that first step to your best you ever. Find that bold and brave wild woman that you know is inside you and choose to let her free.

You CAN do it. I believe in you. Now it's time to believe in yourself and put feet to that faith.

Blessings,
Coach Linda

1 comment:

  1. Wow WHAT an AMAZING post! You've come a long way, baby, to get where you are today!!!

    Thanks so much for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete