Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tad Late Tuesday


Whoops!  I was busy yesterday recuperating from a wonderful and blessed Easter/Resurrection Day weekend and didn’t get to the blog writing for the day.  It ran through my mind, but not through my fingers to the keyboard! So, a day late, here we go…(mea culpa!)

We are in the beginning of a new week, and a new month and a new quarter of 2013.  Yikes, it’s flying by, isn’t it?  Are you where you thought you would be three months ago when you made all those lovely and lofty new year’s resolutions?  Don’t sweat it – that’s the cool thing about beginnings – you can start over again!

Today, on the physical side of the house, I want you to get on the scale and weigh yourself.  Yes, stop being afraid of the number.  Put on your big girl panties and weigh yourself.  Okay… if you need to take them off and stand butt naked on the scale, I understand!!!!  Take every advantage you need.  Then PUT THEM BACK ON and get on with it.  No, stop leaning against the sink, that doesn't count!  Now that you know your weight, estimate where you’d like to be on June 1st.  That’s about 8 weeks away.  A reasonable and healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week.  So… on June 1st, would you like to realistically be 10 pounds thinner?  It is workable.  Now go get a measuring tape.  C’mon now, stop looking like a deer in the headlights breaking out in a cold sweat.  Don’t let the numbers get the best of you.  They’re just numbers, and you need your base line in order to measure all the successes you are about to have in the next eight weeks to come!!!  Imagine how good it will feel when you see those numbers get smaller, and hear a sigh of relief escape from your lips, or a hoot and holler when you achieve that next goal.  Yeah baby!  Measure EVERYTHING – neck, bust, waist, hips, right and left thighs, calves, biceps, forearms, even your wrists.  Log it in and lock it away and pull it out again on May 1st. 

Look, I know what it’s like to want to face death before numbers like these.  I was 50 pounds overweight seven years ago, and it took me about nine months to get to hit my goals.  I’ve kept it off, too, but even that’s not always easy.  But you know what?  Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels, and I have learned that I can eat anything as long as I do it in moderation and KNOW THE NUMBERS by counting my calories and stepping on the scale.  I promise, I have walked over hot coals and the scale is much easier. 

Remember… it’s just a number.  It’s not a death sentence or an incurable disease or some horrific awful thing.  But it can be life-changing when you face it, deal with it, and then set up a plan (and WORK that plan DAILY) to change those numbers to ones that you want to shout to the world.  It is the very first step to what you want – a healthy and toned body that will take you anywhere you want to go! 

So here, take my hand, I’m with ya, sister!  Now walk with me, talk with me and let’s take that first step together towards a healthier and more wonderful than ever Y-O-U!  If you’d like me to be your personal cheerleader and coach, just contact me and I can do this with you.  Exercise your freedom from numbers fear factor!!!

Blessings,
Coach Linda
Wellness & Life Transformation Coaching
609-331-9833

No comments:

Post a Comment