Thursday, January 26, 2012

Trade It Thursday


Awhile back I was watching a home decorating show on HGTV, and the woman was decorating a room because two sisters were having a swap party, and wanted their room and atmosphere to feel like a high-end boutique. They had organized the party by asking each woman invited to bring 10-20 items they would like to swap. The more items they brought, the more tickets they would be given to use as “money”. Naturally, the items had to be in great condition, neat and clean and ready to be used/worn. Every item was brought to the event the weekend before so the sisters would have time to evaluate the “cost” of the item, tag it, and display it appropriately. Well, at the end of the program their room was beautiful, the women had a wonderful time, and nobody laid out one red cent!

Okay, I love this idea, and think it would be such fun. Not only could you swap out stuff like they did in the program, but what about skills? I could offer one hour of personal training or Pilates, and maybe that would “buy” me an hour of learning a new language, or personal organizing. The more I write about this, the more jazzed I get, and I think this will definitely be something on my 2012 goals. Getting together with some of the FABULOUS WILD WOMEN I’m blessed to know, shopping, swapping, laughing and just having fun for F-R-E-E! It just doesn’t get any better than that!

Interestingly, no one brought husbands or children to exchange… isn’t that nice???

So crank up those trade it muscles, get together with a bunch of your best gal pals, and have a swap party! If you do, we’d love to hear about it, so email your comments and photos!

Blessings,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment