Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wild Woman Wednesday

Wild Women Are Creative!

Back in January I posted a blog about vision boards (http://coachlindabush.blogspot.com/2012/01/wild-woman-wednesday_26.html). A vision board is a collage of things you want to do, be, create and achieve in your life. You can create a board for your overall life, for your career, relationship, your inner athlete – anything you want, it’s limitless!! In the blog I referenced/linked a great article from Athleta.net that inspired me:
http://www.athleta.net/2011/06/17/discover-your-inner-athlete-by-creating-a-vision-board/

You may be wondering why, six months later, I’m writing about this again. No I haven’t “gone dry” and am just using an old post! Since that time I have had the opportunity to chat about vision boards to a number of women I know, and almost every single one had the same response: “Oh, I’ve been thinking about doing one of those for over a year now!” Hmmm…. Cowinky-dink? I think not!

Being a life coach (and lifetime craft junkie) I love the whole concept of taking pictures and colors and ideas and goals/dreams/passions and combining them into something visual in a whirling beautiful and powerful display of all that can be! So I reached out to one of my best friends, Judy (yet another woman who had the same reaction), and we have decided to co-host an evening workshop on creating vision boards, inviting some fabulous wild woman friends to join us. I can’t wait! What better way to explore and dream and brainstorm than sharing the energy, creativity and enthusiasm with some of the most fabulous women I know?!?!?

Don’t get me wrong – while there’s nothing wrong with women getting together to party over plastic ware, jewelry and cooking/baking items, I am just completely jazzed to think that we are hosting an event that will bring women together to engage in an evening where they can discover more about themselves, their dreams and visions, and then help one another put feet to those dreams in concrete, workable methods. It’s like a mini summer dream camp!

I will be sure to post more about this event in August. Who knows? Maybe we’ll take the show on the road and get all of you involved as well!

In fact, why wait? Why not host a vision board party of your own with some of your besties? Imagine the endless possibilities! If that isn’t an option, why not create a one-woman event for yourself? Grab magazines, photos, glue, and markers… whatever… and spend an evening on your own creating the visual steppingstone that will help you create an ongoing masterpiece called Your Life? Get those electric possibility muscles cranking, wild woman, and GO FOR IT!

Blessings,
Coach Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment