Oh you are gonna L-O-V-E this simply and easy tip how to burn over 600 EXTRA calories THIS WEEK!
Ready? Stand up! No, no… you don’t have to do anything else, I’m not prepping you to do jumping jacks for an hour or run in place or anything. That’s it! Stand up! Woman’s Health Magazine showed recent study results from a new study at the University of Chester in the U.K., and the study found that standing up while working burned an extra 0.7 calories per minute, or 42 calories per day based on standing for a minimum of three hours each day for a week. 630 calories just like that – BAZINGA!
They give ideas on ways to add standing minutes to your day:
- Stand up while watching your favorite fall show.
- Give up your seat on the bus or train.
- Browse your iPad while standing up.
- Grab a high-top table at a restaurant.
- Eat breakfast standing at the kitchen counter.
- Take phone calls standing up. And at home, walk around while talking.
- Chop produce at home (while standing) instead of buying pre-cut veggies.
- Stand up to do mundane chores (like paying bills/answering emails/etc.)
Recently I’ve been doing some research on sitting, and it ain’t good. I’m not just talking about the reshaping of the booty, either, but it’s downright dangerous to your health to sit for extended periods of time and can actually cut years off your life. I’m sooooo not kidding - check out these articles:
Seriously, wild ones, it’s time to shake that thang and get up off your booty and stand!!! Here’s to burning 630 this week… on your feet!!!!