Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wild Woman Wednesday



Wild women make other wild women smile – we bless one another, intentionally, mindfully… on purpose.  In last Wednesday’s Wild Woman post (click HERE if you missed it), I wrote about our gal pals and how important it is to stay in touch with them, be there for them, etc.

I gotta tell ya, Wild Women, today has not in my top ten list of “Oh let’s live this bad boy over again” days.  I’ve received some sad news from a family member, I’ve been chewed out by someone (not because of what I did, but just because she is overwhelmed/super-stressed and in my impeccable timing I wound up smack dab in the line of fire for her projectile vomit of words).  A team project that has been one of my babies has had some revamping and rejuggling that I’m not thrilled about but it’s not in my “circle of influence” so I need to learn to hold my tongue and let it go.  (I feel like a contortionist holding this and letting that go – I’m more twisted than Dee Snyder!). I’m still dealing with my pity party of “will Spring EVER EVER EVVVAHHHHH get here?” blues. I’m trying to figure out my time in the next few days to shop, bake and cook so we can get ready to celebrate Easter/Resurrection Day.  But here I am feeling grumpy, stressed out and crabby as a Maryland crab cake!

When what to my wondering eyes should appear… but a friend approaching with these bee-oooo-teee-ful flowers!!!!  I had done an ever-so-insignificant favor for her, and she brought these to me as a thank you.  What a blessing.  It was just what I needed to kick my butt into the reality of how good a day can be.  It helped me adjust my attitude and mood (my ‘tude ‘mood), and lifted my spirits so now instead of being a budding hot mess I’m blossoming into a happier mood.  Okay, it’s not exactly poetic and certainly on the far side of corny, but it had to be said!

Why not exercise your “bless your sistah” muscle and take time to do some supportive, loving random act of kindness for one of the women in your life today?  Not only will it prove to be a mood ‘tude adjustment for both of you, it may be the brightest spot in her day… even her week.  

Blessings,

Coach Linda

And just remember:  

"A friend is like a good bra: hard to find, comfortable, supportive, always lifts you up, makes you look better, never lets you down or leaves you hanging, and always close to your heart." 


1 comment: