Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Motivation


I’m sure in the last week you’ve been reading all kinds of articles and blogs on new year’s resolutions and goals and new beginnings.  It is a great time to think on all these things, an opportunity to start fresh.  I like to think of it as a time to reflect on the last year a bit (but not get bogged down or pulled backward).  And usually I’m the first one out of the gate to start planning new goals, reaching higher, packing in more… fixing… changing… adding. I'm known as a frantic frenetic flitter!

But this year I opted to put on the breaks and see what I can do to simplify, declutter, slow down and build margin and balance into my life.  That’s actually one of the reasons I haven’t begun blogging here right as soon as the clock struck 12:01am on January 1st, but instead waited until I was truly ready to write something.  I needed breathing time, time to sort out my life and kick it down a notch.  My dear daughter gave me a devotional book for Christmas that was (ouch) right on target:  “Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much” by Ann Wilson Schaef.  On day one’s entry it read:  “There is the temptation to set up an elaborate set of resolutions for the coming year so that we can at last, get it right."  Uh-oh... sounds like a page out of my new year's days past!

This year for me it’s going to be a time of balance and taking care of my schedule and time as much as my physical self.  It’s all about holistic, whole self/whole health living in all areas.  Our lives are physical, spiritual, emotional, mental… filled with relationships, careers, creativity, dreams, and goals and many other areas as well.  As women we take care of others daily… let’s make 2013 a year of learning to also take care of ourselves.  It’s not selfish or sinful – as we take care of ourselves, we become better wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, friends, employees, employers, students, volunteers… and on and on.  As Schaef wrote in the end of the January 1st entry, “live this year in a way that will be gentle… one day at a time.”  I like that.  Let’s be wild women... let's live juice, but in a loving and gentle way for ourselves.  

Blessings,
Coach Linda

P.S.  I also saw a beautiful video clip yesterday in church that was very inspirational to me and I’d like to share it with you.  Please go to this link:  http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=090J9CNU

I hope you’ll enjoy it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment