Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Through the Storm Tuesday

As you probably know, the East Coast was hit with Hurricane Sandy.  Freight cars lie on the NJ Turnpike, and houses and boats block major roads especially in the Jersey Shore area.  Numerous people have flooding and power loss.  Millions of households have been impacted -- twice the number affected by Hurricane Irene.  There are houses on Route 35, and many shore communities are under water.  The level of devestation is unthinkable. 

I have been so incredibly blessed that my power never went out, and the trees on my property didn't fall. 

To all my readers - I ask your prayers for everyone in NJ, NY, PA, DE -- the whole East Coast. 

If you are local and can volunteer in some way, please do so.  If you cannot volunteer, consider giving blood or money via the American Red Cross:  http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations.  You can volunteer through many operations including Samaritan's Purse at:  http://www.samaritanspurse.com/

I am so very thankful my family and friends are safe, but am heartsick for their material losses.  It really makes you aware of what is important - how friends text and call to make sure you're okay, how others reach out as they can in the midst of their own fear during the storm.  I thank my God for each and every one of them.

So today, exercise your ability to prayer and thank God for your blessings.  Hold your dear ones close, and give as you can for others today.  God bless you all.

Blessings,
Coach Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment