Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Thirsty Tuesday

THIRSTY!  THIRSTY!  LOVE THAT WATER!!!!  GRAB A GLASS NOW!
A few years ago I found myself in the ER suffering from dehydration.  Now I didn't know it was that when I went in... all I knew was that I felt AWFUL!!!!  Two bags of fluid were administered to me via IV, and I have to tell you, when I left I felt like I could conquer the world.  It made that much of a difference in only a matter of hours... amazing!

So while this post won't be any earth-shaking news to you, I just thought it was a good time to remind you to DRINK WATER - LOTS AND LOTS!  There are countless reasons why it's good for you - just Google "Why Drink Water?" and see.  It's great for your skin (your biggest organ), your connective tissue, your organs... it hydrates from the inside out and energizes!!!



My current rule of thumb for myself  is to take my weight, divide it by two, and then drink that many fluid ounces of water per day.  That's IN ADDITION to any other liquids I drink, like tea, etc.  

Now I happen to like water, and I like it room temperature.  Perhaps you have to choke yours down... if so, just toss in some cucumber slices, or lemon or lime or orange slices, or some fresh strawberries.  I'm not an advocate of flavoring your water with artificial sweeteners or chemicals or colorings, so I don't use any of those things.  I prefer either straight up, or with some citrus or cukes (or both). I'll even put in some herbs - mint, cilantro, basil.  I sip throughout the day and usually don't chug-a-lug unless I'm working out and sweating my brains out (which always feels terrific)!!!


Exercise your gulp, gals -- get out there today and up your H2O intake!!!  You'll be glad you did - and it will give you a built in exercise plan (yes, that's what I mean, more trips to the loo)!!!

Blessings,

Coach Linda Bush  

No comments:

Post a Comment