Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tasty Tuesday

I am a pumpkin fanatic.  I am obsessed with all things pumpkin – the smell, the taste, the color – just LOVE LOVE LOVE me some pumpkins!  Just check out my Pinterest page related to this obsession at: 

 http://www.pinterest.com/kre8tv4him/everything-pumpkin/

I got the best workout program idea today from www.peak313.com.  Clare has a terrific website overall, but this just made me laugh out loud – she has a PUMPkin Power Workout!  Yep, instead of using weights and medicine balls, she uses pumpkins!!!  Am I in my glory or what?!?!?!  Pumpkins and workout out and, if that isn’t enough… just pinch me, I think I’m in Heaven, she’s got a delish recipe for Pumpkin Protein Smoothies!!!  Ohhhhh yes!!!!  You can find it at: 


But I’m going to share it with you here as well:

  • ¼ cup pumpkin (NOT the pie filling, which is filled with sugar)
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (or 1/4-1/2 cup Greek yogurt)
  • 1 cup milk (like her recipe, I prefer unsweetened almond milk)
  • 1 dash cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice (I go for the PPie spice myself)

I tossed all this in with a bunch of ice into my handy-dandy trusted Vitamix (another passion of mine -- in fact, I've featured it this month as our Product of the Month!), and oh my goodness it was soooo yummy I practically rubbed it in my face.  Oh and to digress for a moment, did you know a pumpkin facial is really good for your face?  Yep…yep…yep!  In fact, stay tuned, because I will be sharing my pumpkin facial recipe (along with some other special pumpkin surprises) during October!  Yes, it is officially Pumpkin Oktoberfest here!  Anyway, if you are serving it to some workout buddies, you can garnish it with a stick of cinnamon with a smidgen of PPie spice on top.
 
Talk about a motivation to work out!  So grab your various pumpkin weights and pumpkin medicine balls and get moving… what a treat for your body and taste buds!

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment