Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wild Woman Wednesday


Hurray – it’s here again! Get up, do the happy dance, and celebrate WILD WOMAN WEDNESDAY!!!!

Today you are invited to exercise your extravagance!!! Consider it your free “get out of jail” grace card. Today give yourself permission to eat something you really love, without worry or fret about the calories or fat content. Am I out of my mind? If you ask my friends, of course I am! But that has nothing to do with today’s event. No, grasshopper, do not snatch the fried Twinkie out of my hand. Oh yuck, seriously, a fried Twinkie?? I think not.

You see, there is a method to my madness. I truly believe that we are free to eat whatever we want, unless for some medical reason/allergy must we stay away from some food. The key is this – we don’t binge out on it, or eat it consistently day after day. It becomes an “event” food – a celebration food, if you will. No, it’s not used as a reward, that’s not a good thing. But if you are really, truly craving your certain “I LOVE THAT” food, then once in awhile you need to have it, so you won’t be tempted to go overboard with it all the time. Say it with me, girls, celebration in moderation. Just know your caloric intake limits, budget that food within those limits, and enjoy it thoroughly. No false guilt!!!

Another tip is to savor each bite and eat it s-l-o-w-l-y. Enjoy the aroma, the texture, take one small taste at a time, and make it an event. Now I can unwrap at blinding speed a pile of Hershey’s kisses and stuff them in my face so fast that I look like a chipmunk on crack!! But after the gulping is done, I’ve consumed WAY too many, and have not really been “in the moment”. Have you ever seen the Dove chocolate commercials where the woman looks like she’s having a love affair with one piece of chocolate? Well, maybe that’s a little over the edge (although I admit, chocolate is a passion and has always been there for me and never let me down… hmmm…), oh wait, I digress again. I’m back. But seriously, take time to enjoy your celebration food.

So… I’m off to have a private moment with a cannoli that is calling my name (sigh) – and I have NO GUILT WHATSOEVER, because I am budgeting it into my day, because I’m going to enjoy the daylights out of each bite, and because it’s…. (drum roll, please)… WILD WOMAN WEDNESDAY!

Blessings,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment