Thursday, September 29, 2011

'Tude Thursday


So what kind of a ‘tude are you sportin’ today? Because today you get to exercise it. Yep – today is your day to exercise your ‘tude!

Patsy Clairmont, author and speaker, wrote a book in the 90’s called “Sportin’ a ‘Tude” – it was touching and also hysterical! When you have an attitude that isn’t exactly gracious and loving and kind (not that this EVER happens to any of US), it’s known as “Sportin’ a ‘Tude!” I love that phrase.

One of my favorite artists, Mary Engelbreit, has a great picture of a little girl, arms crossed, with a serious pout on her face, and at the bottom it says “MUST.CHANGE.ATTITUDE.” In fact, this very picture was on my Mary Engelbreit desk calendar yesterday, so I cut it out and keep it within eye range at my desk.

Those nasty ‘tudes are often felt coming on, like the flu. Some of the symptoms are: your neck stiffens, one eyebrow flies up almost off your forehead, your index finger tends to point, your head rocks side-to-side on your shoulders as your throat tightens as you exclaim, “I don’t THINK so!” Then there’s the sneaky quiet ‘tude, where your arms fold across your chest, a little “hmfftt!” sneaks out through your nostril passages, and you become very, very quiet and avoid all conversation. You know what I’m talking about here, girls! ‘Tudes come in many shapes and sizes, but the biggest and brightest is the positive ‘tude. The one you choose to have – the one that makes your spirit lighter, replaces all those worry lines with a beautiful smile, and provides a sense of peace even in the middle of chaos.

Check out this quote:

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.” – Charles R. Swindoll

So choose your ‘tude, darlin’, because it’s all up to you!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment