Monday, November 5, 2012

Make It Happen Monday

I DID IT!  I DID IT!  If you have no idea what I’m talking about, in yesterday’s Sleepy Surprise Sunday blog, I said I was trying to start a new routine where I’d get up at 4am each morning in order to make the most of those early hours before work to get more accomplished.  Okay, maybe the photo isn't exactly a completely fair representation of my stance as I got up, but it was how I felt on the inside!  
I actually woke up at 4am this morning to the strains of Mandisa’s “Good Morning” ring tone!  I made my tea, had my morning quiet time, got myself ready for work, put the finishing touches on my lunch, put away some laundry, read my emails and responded, did a few stretches… and all without rushing about in my usual morning frenzy! 
Last night I prepared by getting most of my lunch cooked and prepared, set out all my clothes for this morning, put my things by the door – anything I thought would help me.  It’s amazing how the small little things will help you along the way in hitting your target.
Wild women, believe me, if I can do this, ANYBODY CAN!  I am the least likely person to haul my booty outta bed one second before absolutely necessary.  But the satisfaction of achieving this goal is almost heady - I am on top of the world!  It is one day at a time as I try to condition myself to do this every morning.  Now the next leg of this little challenge will be to get to bed earlier so I get my appropriate amount of sleep. 
So… what can you do today, what one small step can you take towards attaining one of your goals?  What would it look like, sound like, feel like if you were able to do that one thing?  Now exercise that “MAKE IT HAPPEN” muscle and start today.  You’ll be amazed at what you can do!!!
Blessings,
Coach Linda
(…and be sure to stay tuned to see if I can do it again tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment